Important Information About Umpiring
Before Saturday each week:
- If you are unable to umpire/Standby as per the roster you need to organise your own substitute.
- If there are any changes to the roster, please notify your coach/manager and Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org by the Wednesday before the game, so that Michelle can pass this information to MWNA.
On Saturday — before the game:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the game is due to commence. Make sure you allow plenty of time for parking. Not being able to find a parking spot will not be accepted as an excuse for failure to check in on time.
- Know the court and the grade of the game you have been rostered to umpire when you check in.
- When you arrive you need to be appropriately dressed and ready to umpire. Appropriately dressed means in you are in your Club uniform with own white t-shirt over or dressed in white, with suitable netball footwear and you have your whistle.
What if I don’t check arrive?
- If you do not arrive or are late, you will be issued two ‘Penalty Umpirings’. Both of these ‘Penalty Umpirings’ must be completed within 3 playing days. For example, if you receive two ‘Penalty Umpirings’ on Game 2, you have until Game 5 to complete them both. If both ‘Penalty Umpirings’ are not completed within the 3 playing days, a fine and loss of competition points will apply.
Umpiring arrangements at MWNA
For each Saturday game during the normal netball season each Club roster their own umpires for all their games.
Generally 12 year olds are allocated to umpire 10 year olds, 13 year olds are allocated to umpire 11 year olds, 14 year olds are allocated to umpire 12 year olds, etc. Junior umpires are generally at least two years older than the teams they are umpiring.
For more information, please contact Michelle Marks at email@example.com